Drag and Drop - The workspace relies heavily on dragging elements from one location and dropping them into their desired position within the stage. When the mouse cursor is over an element that can be dragged the cursor will change to an open hand . While dragging elements over the stage the nearest drop location will be highlighted by a dashed bordered .
Browser requirements: Internet Explorer 9+, Google Chrome 10+, FireFox 4+, Safari 5+, Opera 11+
The toolbar located on the left side of the workspace contains several draggable tiles. Each of the tiles can be dragged from the toolbar and dropped onto the stage. Placing a tile onto the stage creates a new element for your mobile site.
The stage area is where you arrange and edit all of your mobile site’s content. Content can be arranged by dragging elements to their desired position. Most elements will auto-open the editing dialog box when dragged to the stage.
The Publish button will make your site available on the Internet. The first time you publish you’ll be prompted to choose a subdomain, which visitors can use to view your site.
Tips: After publishing, skip the need of manually typing your new site address into your smartphone by using the “Email me a Link” feature.
Change your subdomain in the Site Settings dialog.
The Goto menu provides a quick way to open existing pages, delete and rename the current page, or create a new page.
SiteStyles are an easy way to dramatically change the look and feel of your entire site. Each SiteStyle consists of a color coordinated palette, buttons, and tile icons.
After your site has been published for a few days you’ll be able to generate site traffic reports. The report is filtered by date range and traffic data analyzed across five categories.
Manage your contact email, password and subscriptions.
Manage the your subscriptions and billing information from the Subscriptions dialog.
More > Account Settings > Subscriptions & Billing Settings
You can switch the live preview for your mobile site by selecting from Android, iPhone, or Windows Mobile skins. Click between the skins using the Skin Selector buttons. Your skin will immediately update.
An easy way to add a new page is to create a link from your current page to your new page.
Alternatively you can add a new page from the Goto menu, however a link to the new page will need to be manually created. Links to pages can be created from the Rich Text Editor or a new page bar’s Link to page menu .
Group content into regions that can be selectively collapsed into a single row to with Collapsible Sections. This element is used to efficiently utilize the limited screen space available on mobile devices.
Content blocks are the most common tool you’ll use while building out your mobile site. Content blocks can contain elements such as text, images, lists, video and links.
Alternatively you can create a new content block by clicking inside an empty collapsible section or page area. When the mouse cursor is over an empty area where this is possible the cursor will change to a text caret .
NetObjects Mosaic utilizes Smart Cut & Paste technology to intelligently format and display pasted content. This feature has many uses, for instance, a user can copy portions of their desktop website and paste directly into a Content Block. Mosaic will calculate and cleanup the formatted code, scale and optimize images appropriately for a variety of mobile device screen resolutions.
Here is a sample from the NetObjects.com home page:
The second set of tiles in the toolbar allow you to add compact UI elements to your mobile site. These tiles can be arranged into grids of up to 3 columns on a page or nested inside of collapsible sections. Each tile acts like a mini-app designed to compliment a specific feature.
Call Button - Launch the smartphone’s dialer app.
Email Button - Launch the smartphone’s email app.
Contact Form - Survey visitors and have the results emailed.
Map Button - Launch the smartphone’s mapping app.
Coupon Button - Generate QR codes that can be scanned as coupons.
Hours of Operation - Display your store hours in a popup.
OpenTable Reservations - Gives visitors the ability to reserve a table at your establishment.
Image Carousel - Create striking carousel photo galleries.
Custom Tile - Create a button with your own icon.
Adding a button tile
The header bar displays both the page’s title and site navigation controls. Each page can only have one header placed at the top of the page.
Adding a header bar
The third set of tiles in the toolbar allow you to integrate your mobile site with 3rd party services such as Twitter, Google Adsense, Flickr, Facebook, and many others. When one of these tiles is added to the stage it is represented as a bar occupying a single row of content on the page.
Feed Reader - Popular sites, blogs and social apps offer content syndicated as a RSS/Atom feeds. Using their feed URLs 3rd party content can easily be integrated into your mobile site. Depending on the feed’s content a distinct layout out will be applied. For example Flickr feeds are published as photo galleries. Some example feeds are provided in the editing dialog.
Twitter - Automatically have you or any other user’s tweets replicated on your mobile site.
Share Bar - Promote your social media accounts by letting users follow you on Twitter or like your FaceBook page. Even you don’t have any social media account you can still let your visitors promote your mobile site via their social services such as FaceBook, Twitter, Google+ and email.
Google AdSense Bar - Earn money by placing Google AdWords ads on your mobile site.
E-Commerce - Sell your products and services with options for Google Checkout or PayPal.
Adding any of the above bars
Deleting a page will remove all of the page’s content as well as any page bars linked to that page.
Use caution when removing a collapsible section, they often contain additional content such as buttons, text or images.
Button tiles can be removed in two ways. Firstly simply drag the tile outside the boundaries of the stage. Alternatively click the Remove button from the tile’s settings dialog.
Twitter, Google AdSense, pages, headers, collapsible sections, feed reader and the share bar all have a remove button that appears when the mouse cursor is over the element.
A page bar’s title and linked to page can be edited.
Editing the title.
Changing which page the page bar links to.
A collapsible section’s title text can be edited as well as additional content nested inside the section.
Editing the title.
Nesting content inside a section.
Tips: Alternatively tiles and content blocks already on the stage can be dragged into the collapsible section as well.
Sections can only contain rich text blocks, images, video and button tiles. Nesting collapsible sections, pages or other bar-like elements is not permitted
Launch a content block’s rich text editor by moving the mouse cursor over the block until the cursor changes to a text caret . Then click on the content block.
The Content Block editor has 8 custom web fonts available for your use. Utilizing custom fonts brings a deeper level of creativity to your design.
You can add or edit your own HTML using the Edit Source Code button, . When clicked, the Code Editor appears with the following options.
Utilize the Built in image editor (powered by Aviary) for a comprehensive suite of effects and tools.
For a list of available tools, please look below.
Edit tiles by moving the mouse cursor over the tile and then clicking the edit button in the upper right corner.
You can also edit a tile by double clicking on it.The tile’s label text can be edited by moving the mouse cursor over the label until the cursor changes to a text caret , then clicking.
It’s great having a mobile site built just for your mobile visitors, but it’s a hassle to promote your existing desktop site address my-site.com and your new mobile site mobile.my-site.com. Why not just promote the one your visitors already know and have your new mobile visitors automatically taken to your new address. Here’s how...
SiteStyles are an easy way to dramatically change the look and feel of your entire site. Each SiteStyle consists of a color coordinated palette, buttons, and tile icons.
Alternatively you can create your own SiteStyle with custom colors by selecting the “Custom SiteStyle...” menu item.
You can customize the following elements for your Custom SiteStyle:
If an image is 365px or below, Mosaic will automatically tile the image for a seamless background. If the image is 366px or larger it will stretch to fit, keeping the aspect ratio.
Both the Section Content Background and the Content Background can utilize transparency on the color selected.
The Custom SiteStyle is automatically applied.
After your site has been published for a few days and you’ve begun promoting it on search engines and to your existing audience, then traffic will slowly start to build. Here’s how to keep tabs on your traffic analytics...
Your mobile site can be published to either a subdomain (ex. my-site.gomo.pro) or your own domain* (ex. my-site.com). Here’s how to change your publishing destination...
*Publishing to domains is limited to subscribed customers only
You can use sms protocol when creating links within a content block. The protocol is:
Select the text you would like to link in your content block by highlighting and selecting the link option .
In the link dialog box, type in the sms address you wish visitors to contact you through.
The users phone will open the default texting application with your address pre-populated.
Drag the E-Commerce tile, , onto your Stage to provide mobile visitors the ability to purchase your products with PayPal or Google Checkout. The E-Commerce settings window appears. Select your preferred Provider.
Once you have selected a Provider, fill out the fields that appear.
Once published your visitors will be able to purchase your product or service that you have setup.
Drag the OpenTable tile, , onto the stage to provide your mobile visitors a convenient way to reserve a table at your establishment. The OpenTable settings window appears. Fill out the fields that appear.
OpenTable Restaurant ID - A unique code that OpenTable has assigned to your business.
Country - The Country that your restaurant is located.
Once published your visitors will be able to reserve a table at your restaurant on their mobile or tablet device.
Drag the Image Carousel tile, , onto the stage to start the editing process. The editing dialog window appears.
Click the Browse button to locate the images you would like to use. You upload one at a time.
You can modify the Height of the images in your gallery by using the slider within the Carousel Settings dialog window.
To reorder your gallery images, simply drag them to their desired location inside the Carousel Settings dialog window.
Click the Browse button again to add as many images as are needed.
Once you are done editing, click the Save button.
After your site is published, the carousel gallery will be available to the mobile world.
Visitors to your mobile site will be able to navigate the gallery with the right and left arrows, by swiping left and right or by tapping the circle icons a the bottom of your gallery.
Yes, there is a NetObjects Mosaic Affiliate Program. You can sign up from the Mosaic home page. Look for the Become an Affiliate link in the footer.
You can also sign up here.
Our affiliate program is on a tiered commission scale. Eligible products include:
There is a minimum Payout Balance of $100.00 and for payments over $250.00 there is an additional review process in place.
The commission scale is calculated based on a prior 6 month rolling average of monthly sales. The table below outlines the scales and payout:
In addition to the above rules, monthly hosting conversions must have 31 days of tenure before revenue is eligible for payout. Annual is 90days.
Affiliates get access to a portal where they can track signups, conversions, payouts, and projected future payouts. They can also generate affiliate links and signup widgets. Click here for further details.
We'll break down the affiliate program portal screen into four parts, they are:
A quick breakdown of your conversions, commission earned and pending commissions.
Sales Totals by Day
View your referral statistics under the Sales Totals by Day section. You can generate reports by date ranges and see the following analytics:
View your available payouts and reoccurring payouts from the Available Offers section. You'll also see what tier you're payments are currently in.
My Referral Codes
You can generate referral codes or a sign up widget to place on your website. Referral codes contains a unique id that is connected to your account, letting us know that you sent the referral (so you get paid). There is also a referral link that is generated that you can give out to users or link to from your website (mobile or desktop). To add a new referral code, click the Add a Referral Code button. The Add a new Referral Code window appears.
Provide a name for your new referral code, we've used My Affiliate Campaign #1 above. Click the Create Code button. Your new referral code and Sign Up Widget have been created.
There is a simple navigation along the top of the affiliate portal that consists of:
The referral links that are generated can be used just as any other link. Give it out, put it in an email, etc. When you created your referral code, a small script for a Sign Up widget is also created. This widget can be placed on your website for visitors to sign up for their own account (with your unique ID).
In either of the above scenarios you'll need to copy the Sign Up Widget code from the dashboard. You can do this by clicking inside the Referral Sign Up Widget code box. It will auto-highlight the entire code block for you. Right click the highlighted area and select Copy from the contextual menu (you can also click CTRL + C after it is highlighted). The code is now copied to your clipboard.
How to place the Sign Up Widget inside NetObjects Fusion?
Open your desktop website in NetObjects Fusion (any version) and navigate to the page you would like to widget to appear on. Draw a text box onto your page. Click inside the text box and then click CTRL + T. The Insert HTML dialog window appears. Right click inside the dialog window and select Paste.
Click OK and publish your website. The sign up widget is now live.
How to place the Sign Up Widget in my HTML?
You can place the sign up widget HTML anywhere between the <body></body> tags in your HTML.
A. NETOBJECTS GENERAL TERMS OF SERVICE. Thank you for choosing NetObjects Inc. (referred to as "NetObjects", "we", "our", or "us") for your website design software and services. Please review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you (referred to as "you", or "your") and NetObjects. By accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then do not use the Services.
1. AGREEMENT. This Agreement governs your use of the NetObjects online services provided to you on this website, including content, updates and new releases, (collectively, the "Services"). It includes by reference:
2. USE AND RESTRICTIONS. The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services, and NetObjects reserves all rights of ownership in the Services not granted to you in writing here. As long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, NetObjects grants to you a personal, limited, non exclusive, nontransferable right to use the Services that is valid only for the period of use provided in the ordering and activation terms, and only for the purposes described by NetObjects on the website for the Services.
You agree not to use the Services or content on this website in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. For example, you agree you will not:
If you violate any of these terms, this Agreement and your right to use the Services may be immediately terminated by NetObjects in its sole discretion.
3. PAYMENT. For Services offered on a payment or subscription basis, the following terms apply, unless NetObjects notifies you otherwise in writing. This Agreement also incorporates by reference and includes ordering and payment terms provided to you on the website for the Services:
4. TRIAL. If you registered for a trial use of the Services ("Trial Period"), you must decide to purchase the Services within the Trial Period in order to retain any Content (defined in Section 6) that you have posted or uploaded during the Trial Period. If you do not purchase the Services by the end of the Trial Period, your Content will no longer be available to you. To be very clear, after using the Services during the trial period, if you decide not to purchase the full version of the Services, you will not be able to access or retrieve any of the data you added/created during the trial.
NetObjects is a global company and may access or store personal information in multiple countries, including countries outside of the European Union that may be deemed to have inadequate protections. When you agree to these Terms of Service, you agree to this practice.
You are responsible for your content. You are legally responsible for all information, data, text, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials ("Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. You grant NetObjects a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to host and use the Content in order to provide you with the Services. You agree not use the Services for any illegal purpose or in violation of any applicable local, state, federal or international law. You are responsible for any Content that may be lost or unrecoverable through your use of the Services. NetObjects is not responsible for the Content or data you submit on the website.
You agree not to use the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
NetObjects may monitor your content from time to time. NetObjects may, but has no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary or appropriate to satisfy our legal obligations, protect NetObjects or its customers, or operate the Services properly. NetObjects, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
You are responsible for securing your passwords. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for access to the Services. If you become aware of any unauthorized access to your Services account, theft or loss of your password, you agree to contact NetObjects as soon as possible.
Illegal Sales. You agree not to sell, distribute, disseminate or link to any sites for marketing, sales, distribution of: firearms, explosives, ammunition, tobacco (including e-cigarettes), alcohol products as well as any products or services that (a) you cannot legally sell, (b) are misrepresented, and/or (c) if sold using the website design Services, could cause NetObjects or its affiliates to violate any law, statute or regulation.
Services Management. You hereby acknowledge that NetObjects may, from time to time, establish limits concerning the use of the Services, including without limitation, (a) maximum limits on bandwidth usage, and (b) maximum limits on storage space, Any of the foregoing limits will be consistent with the Services for which you have registered. You agree that NetObjects has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any content maintained or transmitted by the Services. You further acknowledge and agree that NetObjects reserves the right to change these limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Intellectual Property Rights. You warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control the rights to the Content and grant NetObjects a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive license to (a) host, use, reproduce, modify, distribute, transmit, combine with information provided by third parties, and publicly display the Content on and through the Service and in promotional or advertising materials (only for the limited purpose of promoting the Services), and (b) sublicense to third parties such Content to the extent necessary for the creation and maintenance of, in part or in whole, such Services and materials.
Copyright and Trademark Notices. All materials of the Service (as well as the organization, layout and function of the Services are owned and copyrighted or licensed by NetObjects, its affiliates or its suppliers. All rights reserved. No reproduction, distribution, or transmission of the copyrighted materials of the Services is permitted without the written permission of NetObjects. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. NetObjects, netobjects.com, the NetObjects logo, SiteStyles, NetObjects Mosaic and other NetObjects logos and product and service names are trademarks of NetObjects Inc. (the "NetObjects Marks"). You agree not to display or use the NetObjects Marks in any manner whatsoever without NetObjects' prior permission.
Notification of Claims of Copyright Infringement. Any notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject "DMCA Request".
Internet Domain Names. NetObjects contracts with ICANN accredited registrars to provide domain name registration services. You hereby authorize NetObjects, if requested, to transfer in or acquire your selected top-level domain name.
NetObjects will be listed as the registrant and administrative contact in connection with the domain name. NetObjects or its affiliates, will list itself as the billing contact, technical contact and name servers in connection with the domain name and to take any actions NetObjects deems appropriate in those capacities. In the event that your account is suspended by NetObjects for lack of payment or any other reason, NetObjects shall not renew any domain names that may become due for renewal during the suspension of the account. Upon termination of the Service, you can elect to become the registrant and administrative contact of the domain name by paying NetObjects the applicable transfer fee(s).
Cancellation. You may cancel your account or any part of the Services at any time. NetObjects will not refund any pre-paid fees upon such termination or cancellation. To cancel your subscription, you must email the following information to (email@example.com):
a. The exact name of the Services that you would like to cancel
b. Your email address
c. Your billing address
d. Reason for canceling the Services
Upon termination of your account for any reason, NetObjects reserves the right to (a) collect all charges, fees, commitments and obligations incurred or accrued by you; (b) delete any of your Content or other information in connection with your Account; (c) prohibit your access to your Account, including without limitation by deactivating your password; and (d) refuse your future access to the Services. In no event shall NetObjects be required to refund, redeem, or pay amounts to you upon termination of Service or return any of your Content.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, NETOBJECTS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE OR DATA PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS, "SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. NETOBJECTS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF NETOBJECTS, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL MATTERS OR CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, NETOBJECTS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET NETOBJECTS SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF NETOBJECTS AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF NETOBJECTS, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE.
You agree to indemnify and hold NetObjects and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). NetObjects reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by NetObjects in the defense of any Claims.
10. CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT OR THE SERVICES. We may change this Agreement from time to time, and the changes will be effective when posted on our website. Please review the Agreement periodically for changes. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part, including but not limited to, the services, pricing, technical support options, and other product-related policies. Your continued use of the Services after NetObjects posts any changes, indicates your agreement to the changes.
11. TERMINATION. NetObjects may immediately and without notice terminate this Agreement, or suspend the Services provided to you, if you fail to comply with these terms. Upon termination you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect NetObjects' rights to any payments due to it. NetObjects may terminate a free or trial account at any time. Other requirements regarding termination or cancellation of the Services may apply based on the specific ordering terms for the Services provided to you. Sections 5, and 8 through 15 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated, cancelled or rescinded.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that this website, the Services, and the underlying software may include U.S. technical data subject to restrictions under export control laws and regulations administered by the United States government. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations, and will not export or re-export the Services, or any part of the Services, in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly. You also agree not to provide access to any part of the Services to anyone who you have reason to know may use the Services in the development of nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.
13. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to its choice of laws rules. To resolve any legal dispute arising from this Agreement, you and NetObjects agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. NetObjects does not represent that information on the website for the Services is appropriate or available for use in all countries. NetObjects prohibits accessing materials from countries or states where the contents are illegal. You are accessing this website on your own initiative and you are responsible for compliance with all applicable laws.
14. LANGUAGE. Any translation of this Agreement is done for local requirements and in the event of a dispute between the English and any non-English version; the English version of this Agreement shall govern. The parties hereby confirm that they have requested that this Agreement and all related documents be drafted in English.
15. GENERAL. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and NetObjects and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. This Agreement may be modified only by a written amendment signed by the parties or as provided in this Agreement in Section 10 above. If any court of law, having jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without the prior written approval of NetObjects. However, NetObjects may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an Affiliate, (b) another company through a sale of assets by NetObjects or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void.